+ The airplane is very lightweight and takes off very easily, with minimal rolling or release from a friend's hand
+ The gyro-based beginner, intermediate and advanced modes are a great way to ease into learning to fly it
+ The disposable and removable propellers are a nice approach for handling rough landings
+ The engine runs for a reasonable amount of time, about 10-15 minutes per flight
- It's very easy to lose when flying at a distance. Impossible to tell which direction it's heading, it's then gone.
- The u-turn mode didn't work for us. It needs a better "return to home" feature.
- The build quality is very low. Our first purchase lost the lower wing "wire" link at the fuselage. The second purchase began flying erratically and uncontrollably, hovered like a helicopter, then dove deep into a forest.
- The landing gear are only useful for takeoffs and possible for landing on smooth concrete. Landing on asphalt, the gear snaps off and scratches the lower nose. Landing on grass, it's a smoother landing without the gear.
- The styrofoam build quality is poor. The aileron on our second purchase of this plane was cracked on arrival.