VOLANTEXRC P-51D 761-5
In general, there are some key things you should be aware of when browsing information about RC planes on shopping platforms, for example:
You can fly the plane at your local park legally
The plane is reasonably crash resistant
You can repair the plane on a budget
Spare parts are available
The wing is sitting as close to the top of the plane’s fuselage (for stability)
So what is the difference between a brushed motor and a brushless motor?
- When the brushed motor is working, the coil and the commutator rotate, but the magnetic steel and the carbon brush do not rotate. The alternating change of the current direction of the coil is completed by the commutator and brush that rotates with the motor.
- The brushless DC motor is composed of a motor body and a driver, and is a typical mechatronic product. Because the brushless DC motor runs in a self-control mode, it will not add a starting winding to the rotor like a synchronous motor with heavy load starting under variable frequency speed regulation, nor will it cause oscillation and loss of step when the load changes suddenly.
- The brushless motor has removed the brush, and the most direct change is that there is no electric spark generated when the brushed motor is running, which greatly reduces the interference of the electric spark to the remote control radio equipment.
- The brushless motor has no brushes, the friction force is greatly reduced during operation, the operation is smooth, and the noise will be much lower.
- The brushless motor switches the direction of the current in the coil in a timely manner according to the actual situation of the rotor position, which can ensure that the maximum torque is generated at all times even under different loads. The commutation of brushed motors can only be determined by brushes, and there is friction loss.
- In terms of future maintenance, the carbon brush motor needs to be replaced. If the replacement is not timely, the motor will be damaged. The brushless motor has a long service life, usually more than 10 times that of the brushed motor, but it needs to be replaced if it is broken. Motor, but routine maintenance is basically not required.
- In terms of energy saving, relatively speaking, the power consumption of brushless motors is only 1/3 of that of carbon brushes.